Realm of Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide to Becoming stronger: some info to consider

4 posters

Go down

Guide to Becoming stronger: some info to consider Empty Guide to Becoming stronger: some info to consider

Post by Inthebeginning Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:15 pm

I'd like to start a guide/collection of some of the fundamental information that makes good solid characters, things a new player wouldnt know, or that a returning veteran might have forgotten after 15 years of the game Smile

im not talking about all our darkest secrets of how to be elite, just some basics that make you /facepalm after spending 100 souls trying to make a character better. some things we can do to get it right the first time Smile

so heres a link to something i'd forgotten, how the armor types accross the realms resist differnt types of damage. admins have said that alot of the damage on RoD is thrust (from mobs) and i dont know if this armor information has changed, but its worth looking at, and asking someone who knows, to verify it please Smile

more tips to come, and thankyou all ahead of time for your kind sharing of information Smile

armor resist tables from broadsword (current?)
http://darkageofcamelot.com/content/armor-resist-tables

Inthebeginning

Back to top Go down

Guide to Becoming stronger: some info to consider Empty Re: Guide to Becoming stronger: some info to consider

Post by ezeith Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:18 am

For here , farming is key kappa

ezeith

Back to top Go down

Guide to Becoming stronger: some info to consider Empty Re: Guide to Becoming stronger: some info to consider

Post by Inthebeginning Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:28 pm

Thought i'd add a bit of a list for the caps and constants that might be custom here as opposed to the numbers from live or storm etc. heres list of what would be great to know: Smile

<im just putting down all the stuff i can think of, dont feel like you have to answer the whole list hehe>

caps on stats:
+cap caps on stats:
caps for resists:
+cap caps on resists:

melee combat speed:
melee damage + :
Armor factor, is there a cap? (or buffs to AF)
block:
block buffs/abilities cap (if that matters):
parry :
parry buffs/abilities cap (if that matters):
evade :
evade buffs/abilities cap (if that matters):
evade total possible with the advanced evade and 360 evade (like beastmaster class, or others):

caps on casting speed:
power (and power +cap)
power pool % (cap?)
spell damage +:
cap on spell range (if there is one):
cap for effective level increase: ( i think this is +12 now?)
theurgist pets cap: and is it area or personal cap?
animist turrets (which i believe is 10 turrets right now)
pet level cap:( these currently cap at 65, they are summoned from fixed levels)
pet level cap with juggernaut?- i assume it goes only to lvl 70 as juggernaut says.)

more later XD thanks guys Smile

Last edited by Inthebeginning on Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Inthebeginning

Back to top Go down

Post by Inthebeginning Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:32 pm

When adding melee style lines to a character, make sure that character already has the ability to equip that weapon, buying the spec token and adding the line does not add the ability to use it.  (for instance, most hibernian classes wont be able to use Polearms, etc.)  

Some of the custom classes will be able to, crusader for example, comes with no lines, but it has the ability to equip all weapons.  (see the class overview topics here on the forums for lists of their spells, abilities, spec points and such Smile

Some spells have been customized on this server also, its a good idea to read through your spells at every level, and check them against what you remember, some have been changed for more flexibility, or other abilities added etc. (enchanter pets now have a lvl 64 pet at the highest pet spell, and a defensive heal proc in the enchantments line! Smile make alts of classes with spell lines you want to add, and look through them, not all are the same, but it is one way to know what you're buying with spec tokens Smile

Inthebeginning

Back to top Go down

Post by Nalfgar Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:51 pm

<Admin Edit>: cap on TOA stats is 125X the normal cap for your level.
Cap on all toa stats is 10 on stats its 101x3 and stat cap incrase cap should be around 78
Bonuses like af and % hitpoints dont have a cap the cap is defined by existing gear
Base AF spell only add to your armor factor the amount that is missed on your armor that means if you have 6 parts with 102af the base af spell dont give any af to you

/msell command

it work that way /msell firstslot lastslot
first is 40 last is 79 so if you only want sell last bag 79-8 (8slots in last bag) = 71 so /msell 71 79

(just to complete that post a bit)
Nalfgar
Nalfgar
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013587367241&sk=a

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:32 am

cap for effective level increase: ( i think this is +12 now?): No cap just limited by gear.
theurgist pets cap: and is it area or personal cap?: 16
animist turrets (which i believe is 10 turrets right now): 10
pet level cap:( these currently cap at 65, they are summoned from fixed levels):it depends on the pet spell but this is about right.
pet level cap with juggernaut?- i assume it goes only to lvl 70 as juggernaut says.):yes i haven't modified juggernaut.

Admin
Admin

https://realmofdarkness.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Inthebeginning Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:33 am

thanks for the replies, any info is helpful Smile  there is a lot i never learned on live version, so i'll have to do some research on 'normal' caps.

the reason i ask is that some mobs were buffed before i returned (like the deep shredders in CL dungeons where legion is) and a more recent buff to the dragon in EV, and im trying to build, or re-build a character that can solo those areas again. i can add savage evades/parry buffs or a heal proc if i REALLy push the spell icon limits, but im curious if those bosses are intended to be soloed?

If not, i'd like to recommend that we evaluate how many souls a player here can expect to earn, (ability to get souls is our ability to explore the classes, and if only one is viable to get them, then thats the only class you can start with really, so i want to be able to tell a new player which one to choose to start, and which to pick for fun later.

Inthebeginning

Back to top Go down

Post by Nalfgar Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:43 pm

dragon and legion should be soloable but both need killed in a specific way try around and you find the way grab friends for first try can be helpful its up to you if you get one of best players or not and the only way to gather knowledge is test around
Nalfgar
Nalfgar
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013587367241&sk=a

Back to top Go down

Post by Inthebeginning Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:55 am

thanks nalfgar Smile i'll be on a bit less in the near future, some work starting up here irl soon >_< but hope to see things continue to grow, and people having fun Very Happy

Inthebeginning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down