Realm of Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concern and support

4 posters

Go down

Concern and support Empty Concern and support

Post by Zxar Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:07 pm

Hello, admin, it would be nice to be notified as to what is going on. We really love this server and don't want to see it disappear like so many servers before it. Concern is high right now due to being down for two days and nothing has been posted about it.

I don't want to get too involved in another server if this one is going to come back soon. You have the support of the community with whatever it is, and hope is with the server. Also, lets not all drift apart as a community while this is going on, be sure to still post and communicate!

P.S- let us know something soon as you can!

-Zxar
Zxar
Zxar

Back to top Go down

Concern and support Empty Re: Concern and support

Post by Admin Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:19 pm

SORRY GUYS IT WILL BE DOWN ABOUT A WEEK MORE.
IM TRYING SOME NEW AND INTERESTING THINGS!! WILL UPDATE SOON!

Admin
Admin

https://realmofdarkness.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Inthebeginning Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:34 pm

i flew over, and out of fond memories (that later soured), i thought i'd look in and see how things had improved since the few months i'd left, now that the server was back up again.
I... im not a guy that wants to hit ppl when they're down, as i know the population here must be, none of the vets i know of are here anymore, except a few truly exceptional diehard, great ppl. but oh. my. god. x.x

admin admin admin <shakes head slowly...> this post of yours is just batshit insane. truly insane. you've killed this server AT LEAST three times that i've counted, and i stayed through two resurrections...

HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY CALL YOURSELF AN ADMIN WITH AN ATTITUDE LIKE THIS???

rule 1:
the server must stay up. !UP! AT. ALL. TIMES!. jesus, this is fundamental, if not able to even keep it up because real life etc (i'd understand, im broke myself), you MUST EXPLAIN TO CLIENTS WHY, when they can expect consistency in some form, even if its only every tuesday for an hour a day. << this is serious, i played for 6 mos on a server that restarted itself every two hours...because it was CONSISTENT! X.X

next, rule 1. make changes on your OWN, TEST SERVER, AWAY FROM GENERAL POPULATION!!! as admins our every derp or dropped minus sign in any code whatsoever KILLS PLAYERS. so make these mistakes in the privacy of our own homes, away from the ppl that MUST be able to trust us. admins arent perfect, no one is , but we have to give that ILLUSION, or no one will stay and invest their time...

and finally (for now) rule #1:
a server could be the most hacked-together ugly-as-homemade-sin, piece of crap implimentation of a lousy outdated whatever-------, and ppl will play on it, if they love the game. this was a pretty great, GREAT Very Happy server when i played here, with lousy organization and handling, but great, really. ppl will play, and PPL LOVE THIS GAME Smile as admin you give them one thing above all else: you put a world out there for them to play on, even if its mostly empty, and then you SUSTAIN IT. PRIMARY FUNCITON. SUSTAIN IT. upgrade it, fill it, paint it pretty colors, ON YOUR OWN COPY. COPY. otherwise theres nothing they can count on, as we all know, computers, drives, connections, providers, fail, miserably, consistently. the admin is the keeper, the sustainer of the world, without this, there is none, sooner or later entropy will eat it, always.

you may have noticed those two typos....they're not. they're one thing, the only thing that matters. consistency. i want to praise you for your imagination, inventiveness and dedication, but if you dont get organized and consistent, and disciplined, every single thing you touch will fail. all it takes is a notepad and pen, and a willingness to restrain yourself from changing the current working thing, whatever it is, and keep things consistent.

rule #2 is communication. talk to players ON THE FORUMS, so its there for new players to read, proof of your involvement, your caring, so they can see your track record. tell us what you are doing, what you will do, and what you have done. so that we can see, trust and believe in your dedication to rule #1.

>.< sorry man, i love your work, but thats as calm as i can be after losing months and months to these two things on your servers. i loved playing here but im not coming back till you've done this and proven a record that will let me trust that the server will be up tommorrow.

long live realm of darkness! ... please.

Inthebeginning

Back to top Go down

Post by Inthebeginning Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:36 pm

yes im sorry guys.  but it really was that immportant, especially once i read the last month or more of posts and saw how much your NEW players care and love this place.

this is the last post i expect to make that is less than calm and controlled, or seems to be an attempt at mutiny etc. if he bans me or etc, then take that as a sign and get the hell out before your heart gets any more involved here. if he changes, i'lll be rejoicing with you Smile

Inthebeginning

Back to top Go down

Post by Zxar Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:32 pm

I'll say this, his communication isn't the greatest, BUT he gets back to us. He may not get back to us the minute it happens or the same day, but he lets us know whats going on. I love his ability to take in suggestions, and that he ISN'T perfect, it shows that he enjoys this game as well as a player does and not a hard core Administrator who is just here for donations. The server is a very interesting tapestry of his visions and ideas. Could he spend more time with us ingame, sure, but he is around on the forum, just message him, he does reply. He is a very busy guy and it is just a game. The reason it took so long for the server to come back was because he had a fall out of help and needed to recover on his own. The veterans here may not have been here since the beginning but it is a working community where those who know help others to know, and Admin not being around at all times has made this happen, it has made the community self efficient. I honestly cannot wait to see what he has coming in the future, and I am willing to help him out in any way I can.

And not to attack you but you really could have toned down the tone in your post Neutral or just pm'ed him it.
Zxar
Zxar

Back to top Go down

Post by snooch Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:16 pm

You guys also have to remember he has been very busy with his real job. He has mentioned several times that this is his busy season. Instead of nit picking every detail, how about offering to help with the project. I don't think this "constructive" criticism will boost his moral to further the project, he did mention that his last coder did run out on him with all he was working on several weeks ago. So instead of being a complete dick, lend a hand.

snooch

Back to top Go down

Post by Zxar Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:11 pm

I mentioned that he is a busy guy and have offered all the help I can, I can't code though :/
Zxar
Zxar

Back to top Go down

Post by Inthebeginning Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:30 am

:S ok you're right, i should have cut the rage in my post down by half at least, emotion isnt an effective argument anyway, and im sorry for how it will make the playerbase feel. a few months ago, esp if you read back on the forums, i was the guy saying what you two are saying now :/ but try as i might, i just couldnt get admin to show us an organized, stable hand operating things.

i love what he's come up with, and has great imagination, but if only he would communicate in an organized fashion, he'd have hordes playing his servers.

i dont want to go all wall of text here again, sorry, but i had to sting him a bit up top there just to make the message stick, a little shouting had to be done just to show the importance of these simple things that would make all the difference.

we dont need more of your time, or more from you sir, we just need to know that whatever, is possible, (one hour of uptime or 99%) that our hard work/love of this realm won't blow away on a whim. (and i dont think it would, but you have to be explicit in telling us that)

yeah sory my post wasnt supposed be taken as a demand for more production or work or anything, just use your time differently, its better for the server and players to see organization than high output (lol look at DOL itself, Tolakram sounds like a bloody vulcan sometimes x.x , but his posts are methodical as hell lol)

anyway, i hope things go well for you all, and im sorry to have blasted in like a spring storm :3

Inthebeginning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum