Realm of Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POLL: You do like the new DIAMOND to SOULS buy rate?

+4
Admin
Nerull
Inthebeginning
steel
8 posters

Go down

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT DIAMOND TO SOULS RATE

POLL: You do like the new DIAMOND to SOULS buy rate? I_vote_lcap25%POLL: You do like the new DIAMOND to SOULS buy rate? I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
POLL: You do like the new DIAMOND to SOULS buy rate? I_vote_lcap69%POLL: You do like the new DIAMOND to SOULS buy rate? I_vote_rcap 69% 
[ 11 ]
POLL: You do like the new DIAMOND to SOULS buy rate? I_vote_lcap6%POLL: You do like the new DIAMOND to SOULS buy rate? I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 16

POLL: You do like the new DIAMOND to SOULS buy rate? Empty POLL: You do like the new DIAMOND to SOULS buy rate?

Post by steel Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:51 am

Hello, as you can see from the other post we are trying to discuss if the new SOULS MERCHANT from diamonds is the balanced way to get gear up and this server running with people.

In my opinion, now is too long (500 diamond per soul) and takes x100 time compared to the legion (that atleast any hour was giving 5 souls)

MY suggestion is to put it to 50 diamonds (1 souls) in order to have people gearing up in DF and some fights also due to the crowded area.

This will help new players (i see a lot every day) and it will not put old players with already XX souls gear OP unkillable.

Please write your opinion

steel

Back to top Go down

POLL: You do like the new DIAMOND to SOULS buy rate? Empty Re: POLL: You do like the new DIAMOND to SOULS buy rate?

Post by Inthebeginning Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:03 pm

i admire your spirit steel, but that probably wont happen. it* might be good, as you say, but we had to fight for even the 500 seal price,  i cant see him lowering it after he finally gave in Evil or Very Mad  
i would ask for like 400 each price, and give examples of what ppl can farm in a day etc. but 50 is too big a gap for him to agree with
good on ya m8 tho Smile

i'd vote for 50 or 100 myself tho. /shrug

Last edited by Inthebeginning on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Inthebeginning

Back to top Go down

POLL: You do like the new DIAMOND to SOULS buy rate? Empty Re: POLL: You do like the new DIAMOND to SOULS buy rate?

Post by steel Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:31 pm

Here we are not making deals... We are trying to point out and identify what is the best for the server population and growth.. Admin has the power for that and as any good king is key to listen population needs

steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerull Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:52 pm

imho 250/300 would be good

100 farm/day can be done by a casual player too so, a soul even 3-4 days seems good to me, u keep your char grow & keep a decent longevity to te play
Nerull
Nerull

Back to top Go down

Post by steel Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:22 pm

Nerull This means to get ONE WEAPON and 750 skill points you need 90 days? 3 months? Are you serious?

Diam rate needs to be lowered from 5 times to 10 times, for real

steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerull Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:03 am

steel wrote:Nerull This means to get ONE WEAPON and 750 skill points you need 90 days? 3 months? Are you serious?

Diam rate needs to be lowered from 5 times to 10 times, for real

ye, i'm serious, i don't have a "full char" but i think one important thing is not give everything at command to all char, u need "time" to get things -> more play time -> more player at same time.

If i should be "full char" after what.... 1 month? means that i'll keep play for 2-3 months then quit 'cause of boring prob, this way i still have a focus to get
Nerull
Nerull

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerull Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:29 pm

i've done some math... to train a 50 skill, u need 1274 pts,
that means you need 26 souls to cap one skill

so, u just need 13.000 diamond to get 1 spec to 50 Surprised.... mybe yes... it's a bit too much -.-'
Nerull
Nerull

Back to top Go down

Post by steel Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:36 am

I'm glad you changed your mind nerull!

I see we collected some votes, Admin can you answer us?

steel

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:07 pm

Ok its time for me to chime in. I will make no changes as of yet however you guys act like its the only way to get souls PLUS im adding a group zone to farm diamond seals and another Legion.
on a side note im on the road so i cant change cost right now anyway.

Admin
Admin

https://realmofdarkness.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomzdave Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:03 pm

I think 250 per soul would be perfect

Doomzdave

Back to top Go down

Post by Inthebeginning Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:38 pm

this thread is a bit old, as legion now drops many souls (150 as of a week ago or so) so its less of a thing now, anyway, welcome to rod! Smile

Inthebeginning

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollo Jack Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:30 pm

The appeal of the server is wacky/god builds. Letting us spec everything the 50 or so is apart of that. I would recommend a limit on how many points you can buy though as this gives little reason to not buy shield, play a class without parry, or plan out your character.

Also, legion drop was lowered.

Pollo Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomzdave Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:01 am

Inthebeginning wrote:this thread is a bit old, as legion now drops many souls (150 as of a week ago or so) so its less of a thing now,   anyway,  welcome to rod! Smile

problem as of yesterday is Legion now drops 1 soul. There is absolutely no point in killing him now unless you are new to the server and need some plat by selling his spec line drops.

Doomzdave

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:23 pm

actually he has a chance to drop upto 10 but its a 15% chance for it to increase from one.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laihna Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:37 pm

Hello.

After read what is say about the subject ,I think about 2 things

1) Legion Hard Big Boss loot 1 to 10 souls after many try and not being add in df ...

But that is not a good loot for killing THAT Boss !!
And see no(or 1) souls loot for 3 or more player yeah done for nothink or only one will say Yeah 25 legion more and maybe 1 spec to 50 !! Ultra fun !! (sorry to get mad about this but for me it is realy hard to play where you cant do a thing or maybe in 30 days ...)

2) Yeah you are right about time longer life , but see player FULL 8 spec or more , and see you with only 3 or lower is fun ?

For me no ! We are maybe news or old player but see someone with full max spe is To much !

You are here to take plasure but , after killing legion only thing to do is farm stuff or rvr ...

But go rvr and see a old player and die in silence beacause you canot do anything ...

So if the server is end in PvE , RvR will never die !!
We can do a PvP zone for have more thing to do , and not take RP on farming mobs ^^

Thanks for reading and sorry if you take MY OWN IDEA to kick yours but I m only talking Smile
Laihna
Laihna

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:02 pm

just fyi u can farm diamond seals and buy Souls with them. plus people help alot.
while i was anon earlier someone was giving them away!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zxar Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:34 am

Honestly, I think the souls should be a little easier, maybe not 50 for 1 soul, but the most fun part of this server is creating a character with a combo of specs in mind, that in mind, it becomes tougher to farm what is need plat-wise to gain those specs. Don't get me wrong plat is not super hard to gain, and is really only worth anything for just specs, but when you have so many playing running around at the boars camp and such killing everything and not even sharing the mobs with new people it makes it hard to really want to play. I'll say I was lucky when I asked a question on broadcast and Sarda came to me and helped me out so much, but not all players are getting that luxury. If I had the plats to hand out, or souls, or bps, I would. I kidn of went of track. Point is the point of this server seems to be gain speclines, farm, and PvP/RvR eventually, but it is hard to farm the plats for specs and bps when it is so tough just to get them(some of them). If you're new, you can't go running into Brimstone and expect to be able to farm seals for souls easily, it can take you days to gain enough for even a mythirian. Though some are just running around with them talking about how many they have... to add to this, EVERYBODY DONATE YOUR EXTRA RESOURCES TO NEW PLAYERS IT IS NICE TO DO, YOU MAKE FRIENDS, AND WE KEEP NEW PLAYERS MORE lol
Zxar
Zxar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollo Jack Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:29 am

Regulars donating to new players isn't uncommon. We have a surprisingly high amount of newbie friendly regulars for how low the server pop is. Genesis has maybe one guy actively looking to help out new players per realm out of ~250 and this server has at least three out of ~25.

There is a huge gap between the newbies and veterans though as far as souls go. Vets played when legion dropped 1-100 souls and diamond farming was easier. Now that those rates have been dramatically reduced the newbies are going to be newbies for a long time.

It would also be a good idea to make the AOE weapon proc free from the proc merchant. Having a price on that only affects new players that don't have access to the tinctures that drop. I am yet to receive a tincture drop of aoe proc though.

Pollo Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down