Realm of Darkness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP! getting onto the server from scratch

3 posters

Go down

HELP! getting onto the server from scratch Empty HELP! getting onto the server from scratch

Post by darknessplayer Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:21 am

Howdy,

It has been a long while since I've been on Daoc and have been struggling to get it back together.
Somehow my client logged onto your server and then the next time and every time after i get "Service not available"

All I initially did was download the game from the daoc website and run the daoc portal patcher. It worked once, but no more.

Now my question is, what is a way I can get it to work, I try to download the custom client from dropbox and it always stops at 92%...

Also I am seeing that game.dll.1.109 and 1.104 seems to be the main players here. can i just download the game and delete the game.dll that is there and then just download a new one and drop it in the folder? Also am i supposed to run the daoc portal patcher ever or is that a no-no?

Most of the links on this forum including google searches seem to be obsolete and no longer there or corrupted as well. I just need the right direction and would really appreciate it. I have connected to Uthgard and other servers but I want to play this one, not the others.

Thanks in advance! Very Happy

darknessplayer

Back to top Go down

HELP! getting onto the server from scratch Empty Re: HELP! getting onto the server from scratch

Post by Nalfgar Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:33 am

That sound pretty much like a virus check your regedit for Nuesearch or yousearch123 if you find any instance of it run antivir if not update your net framework if still issues let us know
Nalfgar
Nalfgar
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013587367241&sk=a

Back to top Go down

HELP! getting onto the server from scratch Empty Re: HELP! getting onto the server from scratch

Post by darknessplayer Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:04 am

Hey Nalfgar,

My regedit had been checked, antivirus has been run and netframework is the latest, drivers and all updates too n windows 10.

I re-downloaded the game multiple times and even downloaded the 1.104 gamedll and replaced it with the one in my folder. I was able to get the custom client downloaded as well and try it. Still nothing though.

Theoretically if i download the custom client from the dropbox link, what do i do after that full download? do I just set it as my client and hit play or do i need to click patch on daoc portal, and do I need to swap out the gamedll... or do i just download the custom client as it is and get going?

I'm pretty I've exhausted everything I know to do, so if you have seen anything here I am missing, or doing incorrectly, let me know, because it would be cool to play! (also if you could post any links you know are for sure working downloads, that could help too)

Really appreciate it!

darknessplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nalfgar Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:30 pm

Oh i missread your first post^^ You need current Framework
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nalfgar
Nalfgar
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013587367241&sk=a

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:27 pm

the game.dll download needs to be swapped for the one from daoc live patch to play. that should fix all issues.

Admin
Admin

https://realmofdarkness.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by darknessplayer Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:28 pm

For some reason I'm still in the red.

I've downloaded the game, run the live patcher (I have the current Framework you linked) then after the patch I've swapped the game.dll and still, I get "Service not Available". Its not just this server either its every server. All drivers are updated my computer is one of the best laptops you can have at this time. Not sure where I'm going wrong.

If y'all can't think of anything else, no worries, i'll try it on a different computer, but thanks for helping out anyways, appreciate it!

darknessplayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down